List of equipment needed for a sailing trip
You are about to embark on a great adventure on board a sailing boat and you have doubts about what you are going to put in your luggage? It's understandable, because if you want to have a good week at sea, it's best not to have forgotten anything. To avoid possible mishaps, here is a list of checklist take-away items to help you have an unforgettable holiday experience.
The type of luggage to take with you on a sailing cruise
Travel in sailing boat requires adaptation to the conditions of life at sea, the sailing area and the season. It is important to avoid suitcases rigidIt is impossible to store them in the wardrobes on board the ship. Instead, consider carrying soft sports bags or backpacks that fold easily. In addition, a waterproof bag is indispensable and will be useful in many ways: for the protection of your mobile phone, tablet, glasses, wallet. If you don't have one, carry a zipped bag with you. It provides the minimum protection needed.
We must not forget the beach bag. It is the essential accessory for sea or ocean lovers. You can put your towels, sun cream, snorkel and your spare clothes. You should also consider bringing a security pocket under the shirt to protect your important documents and your money.
The checklist of clothes to pack before you leave
First and foremost, it is recommended that briefs and socks be stored in a plastic bag. Another plastic bag should be taken to put dirty things in. This organization allows you to avoid mixing everything during a cruise on a sailing boat.
For a sea trip, it is advisable to bring clothing for all types of weather. Even if the sea is warm, you will feel the coolness of the wind, the humidity and the unpredictability of the weather. Therefore, consider bringing at least one windbreaker or a light jacket waterproof. Preferably choose outfits that are not affected by salt or humidity.
There is a method simple choice of clothes to take with you so that you don't have to carry around a lot of outfits that you don't even need. It's about putting everything in a pile and deleting a third of it. The focus should be on :
- The swimwear bath time to wear several of your swimwear bathing suits, bikinis or swimming shorts to keep you dry.
- Beachwear: the outfits light, such as the t-shirt, the dressesShorts, tank tops. It's even better if they dry quickly. If you are sailing in the low season, take a warm top.
- L'waterproof Take just one mackintosh to protect yourself in case of need.
- The shoes or sandals The most important thing is to choose shoes with non-marking soles and a strong grip. The shoes of swimming also ensure the protection of your feet.
- The towel beach Microfibre to save space
- The sunglasses For example, choose a model with polarised lenses to counteract the reflection of the sun on the water.
- A cap and a sun hat.
- The gloves of sailing.
Toiletries to pack in your luggage
You should think about taking the things you will need on a daily basis as well as a kit toiletries and emergency supplies, because no one is immune to the unexpected. To deal with this, you need to have at hand :
- Sunscreen and sun cream Oil-free, and without products with oxybenzone or octinoxate.
- A soothing balm after sun lotion to relieve sunburn
- a lip balm Travel-sized toiletries: toothbrush and toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, with sun protection, shower gel.
- Make-up (reduced to essentials), earplugs and mask, tweezers and nail clippers
- From medicines (for the duration of the stay + 1 week): antiseasicknessparacetamol, bandages, etc.
- Sprays anti-mosquito
- From soap solid (from Marseille if possible)
The essentials for navigation
Like any self-respecting navigator, you should have binoculars, a flashlight, a headlampa camera to capture the highlights, a sailor's knife with a shredder, a diving mask, and a mini kit toolbox into which to put duct tape, multi-purpose pliers, etc.
Documents to pack in your luggage
You may want to have a little fun with your friends on a cruise. That's why you should think about bringing along some games or entertainment to pass the time: a card game, a game of citadels (for the connoisseurs), a bookUSB to USB-C, USB to micro-USB (to charge your computer), USB to USB-C (to charge your computer) mobile phone and other accessories), 3.5 mm male jack cables (useful if there is a sound system on board the ship), a Bluetooth speaker.