What to visit around Salou in Spain?
Contenu de la page
Many of the months of July and August are fast approaching, which means that the summer holidays will be in full swing. It is important to choose the right destination. Spain is a popular destination for millions of tourists every year. The French are most likely to visit the country for a few days or even weeks during their holidays in Spain. Salou is a very popular destination for holidaymakers. It is particularly popular with students and families. Salou is a lively town where you can enjoy the beach and relax at the same time. This article will give you 5 ideas for activities and places to visit in and around Salou. I hope it will help you plan your trip.
What can you do in Salou?
Enjoying the beach
Salou is a seaside resort in Catalonia. It has a very mild Mediterranean climate. It is renowned for its sandy beaches.
The main beaches of Salou are :
- Llarga beach is a long fine sand beach located about 2 km from the centre. It is surrounded by lush vegetation and crystal clear water, making it a little piece of paradise. The beach can be crowded in summer.
- Llevant Beach: This is a very lively beach with inflatable games, pedal boats, slides. There are many restaurants. The promenade runs along the beach.
- Capellans Beach: This small beach is about 10 minutes from the centre. It is a little further away than the other beaches in Salou, but it is quieter.
- Llenguadets beach is a small cove with calm waters. It is also less busy than the beach at Llarga or de Llevant in summer. You will be amazed by the beauty of the beach of Llenguadets. You have to walk a bit to get there.
- Cala de la Font : A little corner of paradise. The surroundings are breathtaking and ideal for a stroll along the coast. seaside. This beach is ideal for swimming. The beach is small and therefore very popular in summer. It's a beautiful cove on the Costa Dorada.
You can also enjoy water sports in Salou : jet ski diving and boat trips, canoeing and windsurfing, canyoning and rafting.
Salou - Entertainment/going out
Salou is known for its French-inspired tourist traffic. It is a popular destination for tourists looking to have fun in Spain.
First of all, families love this Spanish seaside resort for its energy and wide range of activities. There is plenty of entertainment on the beach, in the hotels or club houses, at the market and in the evening. Salou holidaymakers love the sound and light show with the illuminated waterfalls. Flamenco shows are also very popular. must-haves during a stay in Spain.
Salou is also very popular with students and young people. It is a popular destination for friends and family. Many school groups go there to celebrate the end of the school year. It is important to have a number of nightclubs in Salou. The most famous nightclubs in Salou are Pacha (with great DJs), Tropical Salou (4 different atmospheres in 4 rooms) and Flash Back (2 rooms). Salou also has many bars.
Visit Salou and Catalonia
Salou, a small town in Catalonia, is known for its beaches and entertainment. Most visitors discover Salou by walking along the seafront, with the Paseo Maritimo being their favourite spot. Many visitors also enjoy the Salou park. It is a beautiful green area and there is also an artificial waterfall.
It is possible to visit the Iglesia del Mar, a beautiful church located in a quiet area, right on the spot. You should also visit the monument to Jaume I, built in 1965, and the Torre Vella. The Salou lighthouse (1858), which is the oldest building in the city, is also worth a visit.
If you are planning to visit Catalonia, it is a good idea to find out about bus or car hire in the region. To discover the most important historical and architectural attractions in Catalonia, you should go to Tarragona, Reus, or a little further north to Barcelona. You can read my travel blog post, 5 cities to visit in Catalonia, which I published a few months ago.
Enjoy a bike ride from Salou
A bike ride is an excellent way to combine nature and sport. This activity is very popular in Catalonia and offers something for everyone. Salou Downhill Bikes, for example, is a well-known example. This is a half-day cycling excursion. It's around 22 km long and almost entirely downhill. This type of excursion has the advantage of being accompanied by professionals on designated routes and benefiting from their knowledge of the region.
You can rent a bike to explore Catalonia in Salou for those who are more experienced or want to be completely free.
Visit the Port Aventura theme park
Port Aventura is Europe's largest theme park. There are rides for all tastes in a beautiful setting. The park is divided into different cultures, with themes such as Polynesia, China or the Wild West. They are very entertaining. It is a great idea for a family activity in Salou.