How to get to the Gorges du Verdon?
Contenu de la page
Visit the Gorges du Verdonto explore a gigantic and extraordinary natural site. With its deep, narrow gorges, this Europe's largest canyon is full of spectacular scenery. Whether you want to go hiking hikingto contemplate the site in canoein electric boat or discover the Verdon by carIt is a sumptuous place not to be missed during your stay in the South of the France.
When to go to the Gorges du Verdon?
The best times to discover the Gorges du Verdon are from May to June and from September to early October. If you think stay at Gorges du Verdon in summer, you must book your accommodation more in advance. Ideally, go for a rental site reliable for unusual accommodation in the Verdon. A trusted site like La Beaume Camping will offer you several types of comfortable accommodation to suit everyone's needs. In addition, the team is at your disposal to ensure that you and your family have a wonderful time in the Gorges du Verdon.
How to get to the Gorges du Verdon without a car ?
Explore the Gorges du Verdon by car is the best way to visit the region in a different way. Europe's largest canyon. Thus, you can :
- Going on the right bank road du Verdon or the D952, from Castellane à Moustier-Sainte-Marieto see the Baou tunnelon Samson corridor and the sublime point. Then take the ridge route just before your destination at the Palud-Sur-Verdon. Many of the gazebos have been set up so that you can contemplate the place from all angles. You will find the Carelle, Trescaire, Tilleul, Escalès, Dent d'Aire and Maugué lookouts, Gaston Armanet and the chalet de la Maline.
- Borrowing the left bank road ranging fromAiguines à Castellaneincluding the D90, D71 and D955 to admire the beautiful views from the Illoire passbridge, theArtubythe Cavaliers cliff and the balcony of the Mescla.
What to visit in the Gorges du Verdon in France?
The amateurs hiking and thrills trouveront leur bonheur en visitant les Gorges du Verdon on foot. This is the best time to enjoy the beautiful scenery while taking a closer look at the wildlife and the flora of the site. For this purpose, there are several paths where you can go hiking like :
- The Martel path or the Blanc-Martel trail is one of the most popular beautiful walks in France. It started at chalet de la Malines, including in La Palud-sur-Verdon. It is a 6 to 7 hour walk to reach the sublime point.
- The sentier de l'Imbut is another exceptional hike, distinguished by its cliffs of Peak riders and its huge rocks. For a 5-hour round trip walk, discover the fond des Gorgesthe Styx canyon and the rock falls.
- You will also find other paths hiking trails in the Gorges du Verdon, namely the sentier du Lézardof the Grand Margès and the chemin du Bastidon.
You can plan for other surprising walksparticularly around Lake Esparron-de-Verdon or the Sainte-Croix lakes.
Visit the lake of Sainte-Croix by canoe or boat
A little tour in electric boat or in canoe is perfect to appreciate theturquoise water from Sainte-Croix-du-Verdon lakeincluding the Galetas bridge. For a couple of hours, you can go canoeing in the lake of Esparron-de-Verdons, the Baudinard gorge and Basses Gorges between Quinson and Esparron. Don't forget to practice the water skiingor paddleboarding or windsurfing on the Lake Castillon. On site, you can rent a electric boat.
Some towns to enjoy in the Gorges du Verdon
During your stay in the Gorges du VerdonDiscover picturesque villages such as Bauduen, Castellane, Moustier-Sainte-Marie and the Palud-sur-Verdon. Not to mention Aiguines, Sainte-Croix du Verdon, Salles-sur-Verdon, Greou-les-Bains, Esparron-de-Verdon, Germany-in-Provence, Saint-Julien du VerdonQuinson and Rougon.
What to do in the Gorges du Verdon ?
Looking for some action during your holiday in the Gorges du Verdon ? Many activities impressive sports activities await you. Choose from the following canoe-kayaking, rafting, kayaking paraglidingclimbing, via Cordata, the bungee jumpinghot-air balloon, the microlight flight and canyoning. There's something for everyone.
What to do near the Grand Canyon du Verdon?
After contemplating the paths and the lakes in the Gorges du VerdonYou can also admire its surroundings such as :
- The Valensole plateau to appreciate the lavender fields.
- The village of Cotignaclocated at the foot of a tuff cliff.
- The Carmes valley located at Verdon Regional Nature Park.
- Sillans-la-Cascadea few kilometres from the Lake St. Croixwith a waterfall extraordinary.
How to get to the Gorges du Verdon by transport?
Nice and Marseille are two large agglomerations to reach the nearest Gorges du Verdon. From Marseille, it is an hour's drive to Gréoux-les-Bains. From Nice, you can reach Castellane for an hour and a half by car. If you do not bring your own vehicle, you will have to go through the car rental. You will find in the station ofMarseille or Nicerental cars.