Skydiving in Arcachon
Contenu de la page
Here are the best places to skydive around Arcachon if you want to enjoy the view from the sky.
ArcachonLa Plage is a popular seaside resort on the Gironde coast in south-west France. The area is known for its delicious cuisine, beautiful natural surroundings and the Dune du Pilat. The casino even has a slot machine! Extreme sports enthusiasts from all over Europe love Arcachon. There are many people who prefer surfing and those who swear by kitesurfing. You can even try other sports. Génération Voyage is the right choice if you're looking for an unforgettable experience in the region. We offer you parachute jumping around Arcachon It's not difficult, is it? These are two incredible places to experience the extreme thrill of skydiving. Are you ready to skydive?
The Arcachon Basin is a natural site of incomparable beauty, offering a unique blend of pine forests, sandy beaches and the sea. fine sandy beaches and a sea of changing hues. There are few experiences that capture the full majesty of the basin, but parachute jumping is certainly one of the most impressive. Soaring into the sky and then plunging into freefall offers a breathtaking panorama of this natural wonder. The contrasts between the shimmering waters, the sandbanks and the lush green forests are visible beneath the feet of the adventurers, making each jump a memorable experience. For those wishing to enjoy this unique experience, visit here to book your place. There's no doubt that the thrill of the jump will be multiplied tenfold by the spectacle offered by the Arcachon basin.
Mimizan : The N°1 spot for us
Mimizan is a charming town in the Aquitaine region. Every year, thousands of people come to the local airfield to skydive. Many people are interested in skydiving around Arcachon.
The air base, located a few kilometres from the beach, has a fleet of modern and specially equipped aircraft. It is possible to learn the wingsuit or to improve their freefall. A tandem skydive is usually offered to beginners. For a birthday or stag party, you can offer it to a friend or relative.
You'll be accompanied by an instructor throughout your flight to ensure your safety. You'll have a breathtaking view of the sea and the Pyrenees at close quarters. You can even get a souvenir video!
La Teste-de-Buch : Our number 2
The Villemarie airfield in La Teste-de-Buch is without doubt one of the best places to skydive in Arcachon. The airfield is located close to the Cazaux lake, the Ile aux oiseaux and the Dune du Pilat. It is easy to see the passion of the instructors who will supervise your jump!
This drop zone is easily accessible and is ideal for your first skydiving experience. After a briefing, you will board your aircraft and will be securely attached to your instructor. The plane will slowly climb to a height of 4,000 metres after take-off. Enjoy the show: During the ascent, you will have access to the Cap-Ferret or the Bassin d'Arcachon for a breathtaking view of the ocean.
Once you have reached the release point, it is time to jump. After a 50 second drop at 200 km/h, your instructor will open your parachute. An unforgettable experience!
What you need to know before taking the plunge
- You can skydive at at any time. Skydiving is a dangerous sport and is subject to weather conditions. If there are strong winds or heavy rain, your jump may be delayed.
- It is not surprising that it is cold at altitude. Tip: To find out the temperature when the plane leaves, subtract 20degC from its temperature.
- Your dress must be appropriate. Even in summer, feel free to wear a light jumper. A tracksuit or shorts can be worn. Conversely, trainers are preferable if your shoes are low and closed.
- If you wear glassesIf you want to go to a museum, it is recommended that you bring contact lenses. However, over-glasses are available if you prefer to use your favourite binoculars.
- In most cases, it is unlikely that you will be able to skydive if your weight exceeds 100kg.
- A medical certificate stating that there are no contraindications to practice skydiving will be required. This certificate must be valid for at least one year. If you are a minor, you will need to obtain parental permission.